By employing any service from “Kitset Assembly Services” the purchaser (“the customer”) agrees to the following terms of service.
Contracting for Our Services
- “Flatpack Assembly Services” will complete the services outlined in the quotation/assembly work sheet to the customer named on those documents.
- The customer acknowledges that “Flatpack Assembly Services” is providing a service to you as a customer independent of the retailer whom you may have purchased the product(s) to be assembled.
- The customer acknowledges that the retailer may receive a fee from “Flatpack Assembly Services” for the referral.
- These Terms and conditions together with the quotation and/or the order acknowledgement will constitute the entire agreement between us relating to the Services (the “Agreement”). The customer acknowledges that all representations, statements, understandings and undertakings either written or oral made before the date of this Agreement will be superseded and replaced by the terms of this Agreement.
- “Flatpack Assembly Services” obligations are owed only to you as the customer (and not to any third party connected with you) and only by Flatpack Assembly Services and not by our officers, employees or contractors.
- Any variation or addition to this Agreement will only be effective if agreed to by both parties in writing. We reserve our right, upon such variation or addition, to review and vary our charges, and any estimated timescales or dates for performance of the Services.
- Any fee we may charge for trade co-ordination relates to the time taken by us to ensure that services are appropriately scheduled. We will ensure that any tradesmen that we may refer to you are appropriately licensed however we take no responsibility for their work and their contractual relationship will be directly with you the customer.
Performing the Service
- All units, items and accessories will be assembled and installed to the specification laid down in the manufacturer’s instructions and as per U.K standards
- All items will be visually checked for signs of external damage only prior to and on the completion of the service.
- We will use our best endeavors to perform the services on the dates agreed between us, however these dates are agreed as estimates only and we will accept no liability in respect of any delay in meeting such dates or schedules.
- AucklandAssembly Services will leave the work area in the same state as when we arrived. All product packaging will be removed from the site as part of our packaging removal service. Only the packaging that came with the products that we assembled will be removed.
- Cancellations need to be received at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled assembly time. If the assembly technician at the premises without prior notice of cancellation a call out fee of £45 will be charged
- Some marking of the product is inevitable and the consumer must accept minor scratching/abrasions to the surfaces of products. Our assembly technicians will ensure that maximum care is taken to protect the product during the assembly process.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to advise the assembly technician on how the product is to be secured/anchored. If information on anchoring of the shed is not provided to Flatpack Assembly Services then the product will not be secured/anchored.
- Prices quoted assume a clear, dry accessible site on level ground with at least 0.5m of access to the product on each side.
- All Sheds and Greenhouses will be erected as per planning guidelines. It is the Customers responsibility to apply and pay for any building consents that may be required.’
- Any carport 20m2 or above requires a building consent. It is The Customers responsibility to apply and pay for any building consents that may be required.
Paying for the service
- All fees are charged in GBP. (£)
- All payments are due on invoice.
- Any outstanding payments remaining 7 days after the due date will incur a late fee equivalent to 10% of the amount due. This late fee will be charged monthly until the debt has been paid.
Rectifying Service Issues
- Any issues relating to the product should be directed to the retailer where the product was purchased. It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange for the replacement of damaged or faulty goods. Our assembly technicians may be able to assist with by describing any fault that they have identified.
- “Flatpack Assembly Services” will undertake remedial work as a direct result of poor workmanship that is identified by the customer within 7 days of the date of the completion of the services.
Our Liability to you
- We exclude all liability in respect of any indirect or consequential loss, any loss of profit, use, anticipated savings, goodwill, reputation or business contracts, claims brought against you by any third party, or any other form of pure economic loss whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
- We exclude all liability in respect of any loss, damage or liability of any kind suffered by you or any third party directly or indirectly caused by modifications, adjustment, repairs or remedial work carried out by you or third parties without our prior written approval.
- Our total liability in respect to negligent damage to property is restricted to items being assembled or installed by us whilst in our care, custody & control.
- The estimate of our fees has been calculated on the basis that we can exclude or limit liability as set out in this Agreement. You confirm that you will bear yourself (or insure against) any loss for which we have excluded or limited liability.
- Nothing in this Agreement will operate to exclude or limit our liability to you or any third party in respect of our negligence as covered by legislation in the U.K.